WITH UNITED STATES ARMSPORTS
I have heard
a lot of complaints lately about bad calls from the refereeís.
Over the past
25 years I have been a competitor and referee. The job of referee is a tough and
thankless job. I have referred many Local, State National and even a couple of
Worldís. I believe that every
person that does the job has missed a call here or there over the years.
To me a bad call is something you do on purpose to help a friend or to hurt someone you dislike. A missed call is just that, a missed call.
1. A referee is a person that has to make a call in less than 1/10 of a second.
2. A ref has to stand for 4 to 8 hrs and call 100 matches.
3. A ref is a person who has to watch elbows, arms, hands, shoulders, chins and call fouls.
4 . A ref on one call has everyone cheering and the next call booing.
5. A ref is a person that has to put personal friendship aside for the day.
6. A ref is a person that goes home at night thinking about the calls made and hoping they were all correct.
7. A ref is called everything but pretty during the contest. After they are told what a great job they did by the winners and how blind they were by the loserís.
8. A ref has to have the patience of a Saint.
9. A ref is thought to be subhuman, but in reality has to have the heart of a Lion, the eyes of an Eagle, nerves of steel and the strength of Hercules
A ref has to live with their calls, right or wrong.
11. A ref is a person that after the contest picks up his or her child
and says, ďNot everyone hates me, unless Mom was one of the loserís.
The armwrestlers need to be more cooperative with the
4/27/02. The 10th
Annual White MT Championship was held at the Olde Timbermill Pub in Lincoln, NH.
There were 73 entries from 6 states plus Canada.
Referees were Jan Schmeichel, Josh Stark and Harry Bean.
Gerry Cox did brackets.
Right Hand Open
1. Marc Gaeta(MA) 2. Ben Frenette(ME) 3. Cornilius(MA)
1. Denis Debreuil(Canada) 2. Josh Stark(CT) 3. Logan Miclette(CT)
1. Ron Ermini(CT) 2. Allen Stilkey(RI) 3. Eric Roussin(Canada)
1. Allen Stilkey(RI) 2. Greg Curatola(ME) 3. Scott Barber(RI)
1. Eric Guevin(ME) 2. Harry Bean(NH) 3. Ronny Bean(NH)
Menís Left Hand
1. Dana Bordeau(VT) 2. Steve Lareau(VT)
1. Denis Debreuil(Canada) 2. Eric Roussin(Canada) 3. Allen Stilkey(RI)
1. Harry Bean(NH) 2. Kury Howgate(ME) 3. Jason Buchannon(NH)
Right Hand Novice
1. Steve Lareau(VT) 2. Sean Trexel(NH) 3. Randy Gray(NH)
1. Ed Riotte(CT) 2. David Cheney(NH)
1. Bill McKay(ME) 2. Ed Riotte(CT) 3. Joe Gonyer(NH)
1. Ken Brunelle(NH) 2. Jan Schmeichel(MA) 3. Larry LaRoche(NH)
1. Arlene Sargent(CT) 2. Priscilla Bean(NH) 3. Shirlie Brunelle(NH)
Bridget Anderson(NH) 2.
Julie Dykeman(ME) 3. Shelly
Right Open Overall
Right Novice Overall
June 15. 4th Annual Bikerís Armwrestling Challenge will be held at the Broken Spoke Saloon on Rte 3 in Laconia, NH. Menís Right Open Right Masters, Left Hand and Womenís Right Open. Awards for 1st thru 3rd in all classes. Weigh-ins from Noon to 2:30PM. Contest starts at 3PM. Entry fee: 15.00, 10.00 for each additional class. For info call Bill at 508-947-8958 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
July. Possible tournament in CT. More info next newsletter.
August 3/4. 2002 USA Unified National Championship will be held in the Pavillion at Maryville Village Park in Maryville, Illinois. Saturday 8/3 will be Open Right & Left Hand Competition. Starts at Noon. Sunday 8/4 will be Masters & Grand Masters. Competition starts at 10AM. Weigh-ins: 8/2 from 8pm to 10pm. 8/3 from 8am to 10am. Sunday 8/4 from 8am to 9am for Masters and Grand Masters. Custom Medals for 1st thru 4th place in all classes. This is the only Qualifier for the World Championship to be held in the US from November 18th thru the 23rd. Special room rates: Ramada Limited $50 per night(618-667-9200). Red Roof Inn $55.99 per night(618-667-2222) Super 8 $55.99 per night(618-667-8888). Airline Discount at American Airlines( Discount code S3072AC). Avis Rental Discount # D086488.
Tee Shirt to 1st 100 entrants. For
more info call Tony at 618-406-0348 or
Denise at 406-248-4508. You
can also e-mail Tony at his e-mail:
August 10. The 9th
Annual Budweiser Armwrestling Challenge will be held at the Elkís Pavilion on
Rte 152 in Attleboro, MA. This is
part of a day filled with fun for the whole family.
There will be a Carnival, Barbecue and a Band. Classes for Menís Right Open, Right Novice, Left, Womenís
Right and 3 classes for Kids. Trophies
for 1st thru 3rd in all classes.
Weigh-ins from 11:30am to 1pm.
For more info call Bill at 508-947-8958 or e-mail to
September 14. The Maine
State Championship will be held at the Mousam River Steakhouse on 11 Riverside
Ave in Sanford, ME. There will be
14 weight classes for Men & Women. Trophies
for 1st thru 3rd in all classes.
Weigh-ins from 11am to 1pm. Contest starts at 2pm.
For more info call Kurt at 207-459-7989(evenings) or e-mail questions to
email@example.com If under 21 you must have a parent with you.
are some other tournaments in the planning stages that we will have info about
in next monthís newsletter. Remember
this is your sport and that you need to get out and support it.
Attend as many contest as possible, even if only as a Spectator to cheer
on a friend. Sponsors look for the amount of people in attendance, not the
quality of armwrestlers there.
We have added a new e-mail page to the IAF site. There are a lot of contacts listed there from around the World. If you would like to be added just e-mail the info and we will be glad to add you. The IAF site is located at: http://iaf1.homestead.com. In case you forgot to bookmark it to your favorites list. Also donít forget to check out the USA site : http://armwrestling.com There is a lot of info posted there.
ARMWRESTLING.COM- Dave Devoto (707) 537-7373
incorporated in any information retrieval system without
written permission of the Publisher.